On-Demand: DeviceTalks Tuesdays Webcast
Revolutionizing Chronic Implantations Through Advancements in MEMS Sensor Technology
Listen as Tom Salemi, the host of DeviceTalks Tuesday, had an insightful conversation with Millar’s Sarah Aldin and Pranav Padmanabha. During the chat, they delved into the innovative ways that Millar is transforming chronic implantations with Millar's new novel technology - TiSense.
Watch the DeviceTalks Tuesdays recording
Complete the form below to gain access to the recorded webcast:
- Host: Tom Salemi
- Presenter: Sarah Aldin, Pranav Padmanabha
- Title: Revolutionizing Chronic Implantations Through Advancements in MEMS Sensor Technology.
- Access: Complete the form to access the recording
What You’ll Learn
Long-term reliable pressure data has been a goal for physicians and a challenge for medical device companies. Smarter, sensor-based, medical devices for acute applications have been enabling physicians and healthcare workers to produce quantifiable data that leads to more supportive diagnoses and better data-driven treatments. What if that same sensor-based technology could be for chronic applications, too? Millar’s TiSense is a novel technology platform consisting of a MEMS piezo-resistive sensor integrated into a chronic implantable sensor module and designed for implantation periods of greater than 5 years.
**This product is still undergoing R&D development***
During this presentation, we’ll discuss:
- How advances in sensor technology are helping transition the healthcare industry from a subjective mindset to that of a quantitative mindset.
- The benefits of MEMS sensors, particularly in long-term applications.
- Millar’s novel sensor technology platform is designed for implantation periods of greater than 5 years.
- Potential use cases, application versatility, and testing data.
Sarah Aldin (Left) - OEM Business Development Representative
Pranav Padmanabha (Right) - OEM Engineer II